The cookbook that goes with everything.
Recipes from Wine Country is uniquely organized by wine variety. Over 120 recipes are sorted by wine varieties, including reds, whites, sparkling and ice wines. Each chapter opens with an entertaining introduction to the wine highlighting its main features, and is followed by recipes for all four seasons. Once a particular wine has been chosen, cooks can access a variety of recipes that suit the wine. For example, for a light spring dish, choose the classic, full-bodied Merlot with the Rosemary Chicken Breast. In the cold season, match it with hearty beef and sage medallions. The recipes and combinations are plenty and match a wide range of wine favorites.
Enjoy these scrumptious pairings:
- Riesling: spring menu, Chicken with Four Peppercorn Crust
- Gamay Noir: summer menu, Wine country Spareribs
- Chardonnay: autumn menu, Turkey Breast Noisette with Chardonnay Grape Stuffing
- Merlot: spring menu, Merlot Mushroom Soup
- Cabernet Sauvignon: spring menu, Rocket Salad
- Ice Wine: Creme Brulee Tart.
From appetizers to main courses to decadent desserts, Recipes From Wine Country lets you entertain with confidence and ease.
Chef Tony de Luca is a master of the culinary arts. Over a lifetime, he has developed a sense of hospitality and a passion for the cuisines of the Niagara region that has led him to open his two popular restaurants, The Old Winery Restaurant and de Luca's Wine Country Restaurant.